My name is Bronson Haywood, and I will be teaching Texas History this year. I attended Southwest Texas State University/Texas State University and received a Bachelor's degree in Applied Sociology and a minor in Health and Wellness Promotion. This is my first year teaching Texas History and for the past 2 years I have worked in an inclusion special education setting in 6th & 7th Social Studies, Math, ELA, Science, and a behavior unit. This year I will be coaching football, basketball, and track. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me via email or by phone during my conference period.
All students will keep a Texas History Composition Book. The book will include (Notes, Homework, Quizzes, and Tests). The book will serve as a study tool as the students prepare for unit tests, benchmarks, and six weeks tests. Composition Books may be collected at any time during the course of a six week grading period, and will be recorded as a grade.
All rules in the Student Handbook apply.
You are expected to:
- Follow directions the first time they are given.
- No food or drink allowed unless stated otherwise.
- Electronic devices are not allowed in class (iPods, cell phones, mp3 players, etc...)
- Bring all materials to class everyday.
- Be in your seat and prepared to work before the bell rings.
- Respect the people and furninshings of this classroom.
- Receive permission before speaking or leaving your seat.
Strategies for Success:
- Attend Class Everyday/Be on Time!
- Have a positive attitude!
- Always do your BEST!
- Turn ALL work in on time!